Our client specializes in high-precision motion control products to a diverse industrial and OEM customers. They offer a full complement of stepper and servo, drives, motors, controllers, gear heads, and power supplies. They are in need of a Quality Engineer to add to their Engineering Team.
Why work here:
- Stable company in business over 40 years!
- Company pays 100% of health insurance for employees
- Wonderful California climate but without the traffic and high housing cost of Silicon Valley.
- Review RMAs (Returned Material Authorizations), analyze returns and disposition as appropriate.
- Maintain the RMA log.
- Generate and follow through on Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARS).
- Generate and follow through on any internal corrective actions to resolve quality issues within our assembly or test process.
- Work with all stakeholders from suppliers through internal organization such as engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing to ensure the success and continued improvement of our product quality.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding defects in shipped products.
- Resolve defects in incoming material with suppliers.
- Ensure incoming inspection is adequate to ensure overall quality of supplier provided material meets our needs.
- Ensure in-process and outgoing inspection is adequate to ensure that our shipped product quality meets our customer needs.
- Ensure our products meet specific regulatory standards such as UL or other agency standards as required. This includes hazardous location, medical or other special quality requirements.
- Manage and support quality audits conducted by external organizations, either customers or regulatory agencies.
- 5 years in a quality engineering role.
- Experience with quality management systems (QMS) such as ISO9001 or others.
- Experience with relational databases and tool such as SQL and MS Access.
- Experience with power electronic products containing embedded FW.
- Experience with Motion Control Products, motors, and drives.
- Ability to read electrical wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Thorough understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing plus methods and equipment for mechanical inspection.
- Understanding of electromechanical inspection including methods and equipment.
- Experience with electrical test tools like oscilloscope, DVM and automated test systems.
- Experience with SQL and/or MS Access.
- Ability to document new processes and train operators.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and analyze failures in complex systems.
- R&R qualifications of test equipment.
- Thorough understanding of statistics as applied to process characterization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or electro-technical systems.
- This position is located in Watsonville, CA. Some travel to suppliers or factory may be required.