An Automation Controls Technician is needed for the manufacturing of large-diameter steel pipes for natural gas and oil transmission. The Automation Control Technician is expected to bring knowledge of Electrical Controls and Automation to the Electricians and assist them in troubleshooting breakdowns on plant equipment, work on plant automation upgrades, be able to direct, monitor, and report on the electrical work being completed by the electrical staff.
WHY WORK HERE:
- No Travel
- Stable business for over 100 years!
- Overtime paid 1.5X over 40 hours per week!
- Paid Vacation and Full Benefits provided
- Understanding of the different Automation systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC'), HMI, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), and SCADA systems.
- Implement code changes subject to a change control protocol.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other departments on Automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance, including those addressing Safety and all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Work enthusiastically and with both technical competence and outstanding teamwork to deliver Automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate detailed, comprehensive and clearly understandable documentation associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial approach in all aspects of the job. Identify sub-optimal practices and processes and suggest solutions for improvement. Identify opportunities and champion efforts to improve financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Maintain and enforce compliance with all company policies.
- Associates in Engineering or an equivalent discipline is required.
- Significant troubleshooting experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC's.
- FactoryTalk View HMI experience
- 2+ years of Automation experience in a heavy industrial setting is preferred.
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) experience
- Proficiency with electrical panel layout and design, working with bills of material, understanding electrical schematics and reading & re-lining P&ID drawings is required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Personal capability to include strong critical thinking, decision quality, initiative and a well-developed sense of urgency.
- Additional cognitive skills and ability to include innovation, learning, knowledge application, handling detail, productivity orientation and time management.
- Intense focus on results characterized by strong goal orientation, planning and resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on communication and teamwork.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with principles of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
The Automation Engineer must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and to climb onto various pieces of equipment to inspect, troubleshoot, and supervise repair and operation of machines and structures. Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.
The work environment Includes both general office work and physical work required to assist in troubleshooting equipment. Shifts are scheduled on a weekly rotation between days and nights.