This is a great opportunity to grow your career in automation managing a controls group! Work in the food industry with a successful and growing company! Enjoy working in the automation industry and not have to worry about traveling! Low cost of living area just outside of New Orleans. Great benefits and relocation assistance is offered for this position! 1st shift supervising a group of 10-12 maintenance technicians!
The Electrical and Controls Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the supervision of high speed electrical packaging equipment including Fanuc robot cells, palletizers, Orion sheet dispensers and top sheet dispensers.
• Maintains, repairs adjusts and operates 10 palletizers including all allied electrical and mechanical systems
• Responsible for the troubleshooting and repairs for all related packaging machine problems with competent speed and accuracy
• Maintains repairs and adjusts mechanical and electrical packaging equipment
• Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, schematic drawings, and manufacturer’s instructions
• Determines materials and supplies needed to accomplish maintenance and repair
• Responsible for services and overhauls of basic machine elements such as glue pumps, gear reducers, clutches, brakes and valves
• Performs/Oversees simple metal work, use of band saws, drill press, chop saw, fabricating brackets and rails, drill and tap, extracting broken bolts etc.
• Ensures that all work is being performed in accordance with established safety procedures