Robotics Engineer needed to design and develop robotics and/or vision systems for electrical control systems, equipment and machinery, servicing clients in the automotive and logistics industries. This position will be part of the growing systems team and will eventually lead the robotics team.
World’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification, vision encoders, and gas, dust, and flow analyzer products for industrial and commercial applications. Industries serviced include automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement and more. The preferred location for this position is Detroit, MI and will cater primarily to the automotive industry.
Education and Experience
- Design, program, and complete start-up of customer solutions using automation engineering principles and advanced software programming of Robotics (Fanuc, Kuka, ABB, or others) with integration into control system
- Work with Systems Integration team by providing robotics expertise, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Integrate company products as well as third party technologies.
- Analyze project functional specifications and requirements, scope of work, all design criteria documents and proposals as needed to support the design of the robotics part of the system.
- Perform consultative Life Time Services offerings including report generation. This entails data gathering, device selection and system design to ensure high performance results.
- Document the systems design as required by the customer. This documentation may also apply to Field Service and Technical Support for future support.
- Create final designs, Bill-Of-Materials, define parts and technologies from external suppliers to meet project requirements as needed
- Support the start-ups of systems at customer sites ensuring successful go-live and optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot and debug systems as required.
- Complete acceptance testing (FAT/SAT) per customer requirements.
- Provide amazing customer service by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Four year degree in engineering or related field.
- 3-7 years of experience programming Robotics within the automotive, logistics automation, consumer products, factory automation or similar industry required.
- Controls engineering experience (hardware and software) PLC and HMI programming experience preferred.
- Collaborative robotics experience a plus
- Strong desire and focus to build skills and aptitude in robotics, automation, mechanical, vision and lighting.
- Ability to support business processes through strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally up to 50%
- ISA Standards knowledge (S88, S95, etc.) a plus
- GAMP V Model, knowledge a plus
- Technology: Information layer knowledge (Historian, Relational Database, SQL(structured query language), MES, HMI, Programming, Robot programming, Control Systems (PLC, DCS, Soft), IO & Final Control and Sensing Layer knowledge a plus.
- Safety Systems (Functional SIL 1, 2, 3 and Discrete On Machine) knowledge a plus
- Motion Control Systems knowledge a plus
- Vision Systems knowledge a plus
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) or Industry 4.0 knowledge a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment