Growing, stable machine builder that integrates systems across diverse industries including; automotive, medical, heavy vehicle, energy, consumer goods and other markets. Utilizing cutting edge technology to design control systems for a wide variety of automated equipment including assembly, part feeding, part handling, welding, dispensing, testing, measuring, etc. utilized in automated equipment for a wide range of manufacturing customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Four + years of experience with automated equipment
- Must have experience designing custom machines
- Excellent interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environments
- Experienced with solid modeling software. SolidWorks is preferred.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in both Microsoft Excel and Word
- Will be able to work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Must work well with clients and coworkers.
- Must be able to travel – job will require some out of town work typically in the southeast but also internationally for customer support and project installations - 1- 2 overnights a month typically
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of highly varied types of mechanical systems, including fixtures, machining, assembly, part feeding, part handling, welding, dispensing, testing, measuring, etc. utilized in automated equipment for a wide range of manufacturing customers.
- Production of detailed drawings and specification of purchased parts, and development of the Bill of Material.
- Analysis of mechanical systems, including Finite Element analysis
- Interfacing with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Leading assembly, testing and onsite startup. Debugging of machine to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements.
- Pneumatics and servo controlled assembly design.
- Design/programming of control systems for automated equipment, including work with PLC’s, servo motion, robotics, machine vision, etc.
- Concept development based on customer specification. Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation