Our client builds and integrates world-class automation systems by leveraging the use of robotics and machine vision. They solve unique and challenging manufacturing problems for customers in industries including Oil and Gas, Food, Automotive, and Consumer Packaged Good and they are searching for a Robotics and Controls Specialist. As a Robotics and Controls Specialist, you will be involved in the design, programming and commissioning of controls aspects of projects including PLC’s, robots, motion control and vision systems.
Why work here:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- RRSP/401k Matching
- Christmas and Summer Profit Sharing
- Professional Designations Reimbursement
- Fitness Subsidy Reimbursement
- Tool and Boot Allowance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Work with project team leads in areas including:
- Electrical design – AutoCAD
- PLC programming
- Robot programming
- Vision system and lighting design and programming
- Servo motion control
- Startup and commissioning and testing systems at our build facility
- Travel to customer site to integrate systems
- Robotic simulations
- Prototyping and testing of proof-of-concepts for clients
- Participating in customer meetings from technical perspective.
- Accountable for individual performance goals that will be determined with your manager on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized engineering faculty or equivalent qualification with 5 years’ experience programming Robots(Fanuc or ABB preferred) and PLC's(Allen-Bradley preferred)
- Experience with AutoCAD an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for making things work and solving problems.