Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff with 30 offices throughout the U.S. Our client encourages independent thought and innovative ideas, as well as personal and professional growth. Each office is part of the corporation as whole, however acts independently as well, bringing forth their own ideas and talents. For over thirty five years our client has designed and implemented engineering solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government sectors. Personal and professional satisfaction is evident with a turnover rate below the industry average.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
Primary Purpose: Provide project engineering management and engineering support to all customers as well as junior engineers for all aspects of projects. Responsibilities also include:
Engineering responsibilities: 1) Control system engineering and design for clients in industries such as food and beverage, oil and gas, general manufacturing, and utilities. 2) PLC and SCADA programming with emphasis on Rockwell, Siemens, Honeywell and Emerson in an industrial automation environment. This includes; documentation of programs, implementation, start-up and support.
Project Management Responsibilities: project execution, task identification, prioritization and scheduling, task ordering, time tracking and reporting, financial tracking and reporting, early problem identification and conflict resolution, hardware requisition, supporting engineers, and attending project status meetings. Also includes overseeing daily operations and activities of project(s) ranging in size up to $3M. This position is responsible for ensuring overall project profitability.
- Develops and executes engineering implementation plans and/or project charters
- Responsible for detailed knowledge of scopes of work
- Assigns work to project teams in order to meet overall project deadlines.
- Ensures that all project team members clearly understand the scope of engineering responsibilities
Education – BS degree in engineering or related discipline (BSEE degree preferred).
- Develops engineering schedules for team and customer requirements
- Evaluates progress on project(s) and details changes.
- Responsible for engineering related purchasing and subcontractor requirements
- Responsible for development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope
- Develops and implements a cash flow plan for the project including A/R collections and project invoicing
- Serves as an engineering interface with the customer during all phases of the project
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, codes etc. as they apply to the contract and project(s).
- Technical writing including project definition and requirements, clearly delineated status reporting, requests for information, and customer correspondence
- Project documentation: task/periodic status reporting, percent complete estimating, production and assembly of required project manuals, organization and maintenance of current network based project files, phone transcripts, meeting minutes and action item lists, preparing purchase orders, etc.
- Identify sales opportunities, confidence to suggest scope changes with justifications, ability to network across targeted industries
- General administration such as paperwork, copying, printing, faxing, and using a computer
Experience: 7+ years of directly related experience electrical controls projects. Strong leadership and client relation skills required.