Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff. This engineering firm has over 30 offices throughout the U.S. This position is based in Midland, TX working for the Houston office. You will be encouraged to think independently and to provide innovative ideas, and have the opportunity for personal and professional growth. For over thirty five years the team of engineers and staff have designed and implemented engineering solutions for new and long-term customers. People love working for this company!
People love working here because:
- They get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- The company invests in their employees by utilizing new technologies and providing training opportunities.
- The company offers comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- They offer a 401K match plus Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with several long term clients.
In this role you will:
- Support imaging, deployment, and configuration of IoT edge gateways.
- Provide L1 hardware and communications troubleshooting for deployed gateways.
- Work with team leads and IoT Technical staff to identify efficiencies and improve upon current architecture.
- Education-BS degree in an engineering discipline is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 4+ years of experience with building/documenting/testing/supporting IT infrastructure.
- Having an understanding of PLC programming will be beneficial.
- Linux OS experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skill with both PC Hardware and Basic Networking (LTE,LAN,WAN)