As an Automation and Controls Project Engineer you will contribute to the process, manufacturing, and development activities within a state-of-the-art automated bio-pharmaceutical/medical device company that has been in business for over twenty-five years. The facility uses Allen Bradley controls and manufactures a substance that is used within connective tissues in Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Aesthetics, and Veterinary Medicine. They are looking for someone with 3+ years of controls experience.
Reasons to work for this Company:
- Excellent benefits including a very generous vacation policy.
- 80% of your responsibilities will be project work and 20% will be production support.
- 30+ year old company that produces pharmaceuticals/medical devices that have helped millions of patients
- Opportunity to get involved with both Process and Discrete manufacturing (as they process the raw material and then package it)
- Opportunity to work for a global leader in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Implement automation improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Design and procure equipment required for new manufacturing processes or to improve existing processes
- Support the execution of experiments to identify solutions for new manufacturing processes;
- Assist in the installation and validation of new manufacturing equipment and systems
- Implement automation changes to improve existing manufacturing processes;
- Support SCADA system development and integration with existing plant controllers;
- Investigate and correct problems involving the manufacturing processes and equipment, which adversely affect the process results;
- Collect and analyze relevant process data to aid in changes which improve the manufacturing process;
- Ensure compliance with the Quality System and Design Control requirements; ensure engineering project timelines are met and that each project meets the demands set forth by the manufacturing schedule.
- BS in Engineering or Automation Engineering Technology Degree.
- Automation engineering experience programming PLC and HMI (specifically Allen Bradley) to control pressure, temperature, and discrete manufacturing processes.
- SCADA system development and maintenance experience.
- Experience troubleshooting automation components and the ability to specify and define automation control panels for manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work proactively with other departments to drive projects to completion