Mineral-based products company with 50 plants in the US needs an experienced Controls Engineering Manager to help maintain and develop new controls systems for the company facilities. Wonderware ArchestrA expertise needed.
Why work here?:
- Caters to numerous industries providing for stable growth!
- Established stable company in business over 50 years!
- Excellent benefits; health, dental, vision, life, 401k and paid vacation!
- Laptop, phone, company credit card for expenses provided!
- Telecommuting and compressed workweek options!
- 50 plants in the US and CN so plenty of upgrades and new systems to keep you busy!
- Brand new corporate offices!
Standards and Specifications for Hardware and Software
- Manage engineers, and work with maintenance, process engineers, IT and operations to design and implement improvements in controls and equipment.
- Support and lead automation upgrades and implement corporate process control strategies and standards.
- Coordinate and manage completion, and implementation of plant process network and automation projects.
- Support design, program, specify, purchase and oversee installation of process control and automation systems in the plants.
- Programming and documentation PLC logic and IO.
- Support maintenance and programming of Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, Wonderware Historian, and create documentation, standards, and instructions for Wonderware Software.
- Contribute to scope documents for projects assigned in accordance with guidelines developed by the operating team.
- Promote cooperative efforts between all functions related to capital projects
- Work closely with Capital Projects/Engineering teams as necessary.
Maintain and inventory the existing control hardware and software across all sites.
- Provide technical assistance to all plant personnel in solving process control and automation problems.
- Work autonomously while cultivating a team environment with fellow Automation Engineers.
Training and development
- Develop yourself as a positive student that participates in cross-functional communication between production and engineering teams.
- Remain current on new automation technology through seminars, professional organizations and technical subscriptions.
- Drive culture change of the plants from reactive to pro-active in their approach to asset management and reliability.
- Provide feedback to direct managers and supervisors of those managed through projects.
Develop a vision and strategy for Automation at the North American sites. Contribute to Group standards for Automation
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science plus 10 years in process control system design, operations, and maintenance in an industrial background.
- MCSE, CCNA, PMP a plus
- Knowledge of AB Control Logix family of PLC's, system design and demonstrated capabilities with computers, Allen Bradley VFD’s, Wonderware SCADA systems, process instrumentation, Advanced Process Control software, and Ethernet networks.
- Experience with Wonderware ArchestrA, Historian
- MSSQL, and other Microsoft Application software
- Must be able perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Self-motivated, and be able to work independently.
- Effective oral, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, standard operating procedures, electrical drawings, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Flexible to schedule changes and ability to travel up to 60%