Work for a recognized leader in providing engineered control systems and software solutions in industrial automation across different industries. Company offers turn-key automation solutions including manufacturing and installation. Offering professional challenges, personal rewards, competitive compensation and benefits package. Some relocation assistance available. This position performs management oversight of engineering activities across multiple disciplines. In addition, assumes responsibility for the people, process, and tools across the multiple disciplines including: Systems Engineering, Hardware, Design, Software Engineering, and Technical Publications.
• Ten (10) or more years working experience in factory automation and machine control.
• Must be willing to perform billable work utilizing 25% - 50% of working hours.
• Five (5) or more years managing direct reports, including performance assessments, skill development, and issue resolution.
• Five (5) or more years in an engineering or program management classification demonstrating increasing responsibility leading multi-function product development teams.
• Experience working in automation engineering environment applying engineering principles and processes.
• A working knowledge of CSIA Best Practice Guidelines for Integrators preferred.
• A working knowledge of NFPA 79, UL 508A compliance requirements
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of computer networks and network security.
• Ability to mentor or lead other engineers to complete projects in a timely fashion.
• Ability to provide cross-domain leadership to individual engineering disciplines ensuring the system designs meets all design requirements.
• Ability to review and inspect design documentation.
• Demonstrate ability to integrate cross-functional specialty engineering functions into complex projects.
• Experience across the full integration life cycle: Concept, Design, Realization, Installation and Service.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills and maintained effective working relationships with manufacturing and engineering personnel.
• Must be willing to occasionally travel, including air and international locations.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, SharePoint and Project applications.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical or E-Plan a plus.
• Fundamental understanding and experience with both development and use of software engineering standards and templates.
• Working knowledge of Rockwell Automaton software suite. Knowledge of Siemens Automation software suite is a plus.
• A good understanding of industrial robotics and associated safety standards.
• Experience with design and implementation of industrial safety using mechanical safe guarding, safety circuitry and programming.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Automation or Software Engineering required, Master's degree a plus