An OEM in the St. Louis area is looking to hire!
- Employee-owned (ESOP)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous retirement plan
- Educational opportunities, including tuition reimbursement
- Growth opportunities - this department is expanding and growing!
- Paid-time off
The Electrical Design Engineer will generate design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information provided by Project Engineers or Senior Designers. Design documents: includes electrical schematics, control panel layouts, conduit & cable schedules, interconnection diagrams, and bills of material documents.
Electrical Design Engineer Duties:
- Develop the majority of the project documents based on reference material obtained from similar past projects independently.
- Responsible for learning and following established AutoCAD standardization as provided by the company's engineering / drafting standards.
- Maintain drawing files and assembly of bidding documents.
- Interface with equipment vendors and panel shops.
- Complete drawings and other documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform document checking on non-complicated drawings developed by other Designers / CADD Drafters.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- An Associate’s degree in Computer-Aided Drafting, Applied Science, or related technical education is required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Design Drafter strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic drafting skills and methods is required.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD 2014 or above software and associated file structures, electricity and the various electrical symbols used.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 3-D is preferred, but not required. Must be willing and able to learn this subject matter.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical is preferred, but not required. Must be willing and able to learn this subject matter.
- Must have mechanical aptitude to view cable tray and conduit locations for 2-D drawings.
- Ability to interpret engineers/designers notes and sketches for incorporation into design documents is necessary.
- Develop neat, well-organized drawings meeting established standards.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with company's core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
- Ability to work in an office and uncontrolled environment. Exposure to harsh conditions are possible for a short period time - such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures.