For almost a century our client has been dedicated to producing pharmaceuticals that improve lives. Their success stems from a commitment to high standards of quality and ethics which has resulted in many awards over decades. This global manufacturer is dedicated to the community and the health and wellbeing of their employees as well, offering a generous PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and you also get PTO on your birthday, employee assistance programs and a wellness program. Full benefits provided including medical/dental & vision, generous 401K matching contribution, profit sharing plan, tuition assistance, and more.
As the Maintenance Technician (3rd shift 9 pm - 5:15 am) you will troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, maintain large-scale packaging and manufacturing used for manufacturing pharmaceutical product.
- Effectively troubleshoots and resolves difficult/advanced equipment issues to determine root cause. Establishes and implements corrective and preventative actions.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and certifications on production equipment.
- Ensures work is in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), standard operating procedures (SOPs) and company policy.
- Completes accurate documentation for work performed.
- Performs intermediate level programming of electronic devices including VFD's, PLC's and other various controllers.
- Identifies non-value add work and process improvements. Offers and implements effective solutions.
- Maintains adequate critical spare parts inventory for assigned functional areas.
- Assists with the procurement of parts and obtains quotes for budgeting purposes.
- Supports Engineering and external contractors with various projects.
- Provides input for troubleshooting guides and work instruction documentation.
Education & Experience:
- Vocational training in electromechanical systems, automated machinery, packaging machinery or equivalent desired. 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, packaging and/or maintenance/mechanic environments.
- Experience working with or knowledge of pneumatics, single and three-phase electricity, electronics, controllers, servomotors, stepper motors, AD & DC motors, PLC's, hydraulics, general mechanical systems, welding, machine shop skills, instrumentation and controls.
- Ability to read and analyze blueprints, schematics and P&ID diagrams.
- Experience or working knowledge in HVAC.
- Ladder logic experience a plus.