Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification, vision encoders, and gas, dust, and flow analyzer products for industrial and commercial applications. Industries serviced include automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement and more. This position can be located anywhere near a major airport and travel requirement up to 50%.
This position designs and develops all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment and machinery. This responsibility includes PLC-based software architecture design as wells as programming of company's program Apps Space to configure and integrate systems into customer’s applications. This position will be supporting the growth of the systems business throughout the United States with emphasis on using automation, application and programming principles to integrate the company's systems into our customer applications including supporting the installation and commissioning team.
Complete full life-cycle / turnkey automation and information projects from program and project management, consulting, definition and requirements through Design (automation, information, electrical, panel, architecture), programming PLC's, HMI's, OIT(Operator Interface Terminal), potentially Historian, MES, RDB(Relational Database), into Factory Acceptance Test(FAT) against defined User and Functional requirements.
Post FAT responsible for delivery and installation of systems, commissioning, start-up at customer site followed by hand-off and Site Acceptance Test(SAT). Services may involve complete projects, aspects of projects whether offered on firm fixed price or T&M basis. Ensure QMS (quality management system process) involving necessary documentation and project rigor via PMO(project management office) and/or Project methodology (V model, CPM, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Design, program, and complete start-up of customer solutions using automation engineering principles and advanced software programming of PLC and HMI. Program and configure, linking I/O to PLC.
- Integrate company products as well as third party technologies.
- Analyze project functional specifications and requirements, scope of work, all design criteria documents and proposals as needed to support the design of the system.
- Perform consultative Life Time Services (LTS) offerings including report generation. This entails data gathering, device selection and system design to ensure high performance results.
- Document the systems design as required by the customer. This documentation may also apply to Field Service and Technical Support for future support.
- Create final designs, Bill-Of-Materials, define parts and technologies from external suppliers to meet project requirements as needed
- Support the start-ups of systems at customer sites ensuring successful go-live and optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot and debug systems as required.
- Complete acceptance testing (FAT/SAT) per customer requirements.
- Provide amazing customer service by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
- Four year degree in engineering or related field.
- 3-7 years of prior controls engineering experience (hardware and software) within the logistics automation, factory automation or similar industry required.
- Intermediate PLC and HMI programming experience required.
- Knowledge of various types of networks required (Ethernet/IP, Profinet etc.).
- Strong desire and focus to build skills and aptitude in automation, mechanical, vision and lighting.
- Ability to support business processes through strong communication skills.
- Additional programming experience is a plus
- Halcon programming platform
- C++ programming
- Robotics programming
- SCADA configuration knowledge
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally up to 50%
- ISA Standards knowledge (S88, S95, etc.) a plus
- GAMP V Model, knowledge a plus
- Technology: Information layer knowledge (Historian, Relational Database, SQL(structured query language), MES, HMI, Programming, Robot programming, Control Systems (PLC, DCS, Soft), IO & Final Control and Sensing Layer knowledge a plus.
- Safety Systems (Functional SIL 1, 2, 3 and Discrete On Machine) knowledge a plus
- Motion Control Systems knowledge a plus
- Vision Systems knowledge a plus
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) or Industry 4.0 knowledge a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment