Privately-owned established Systems Integrator and panel shop catering to the material and baggage handling industries needs a Senior Controls Engineer to help lead the Controls Engineering team. Ideal candidate will be experienced in designing, developing, and supervising all aspects of electrical control and automation systems.
Why work here?
- Stable privately-owned company in business for over 30 years!
- Lead a team of controls engineers while remaining technically hands-on!
- Great compensation and benefits!
- Work closely with company executives and potentially become a stakeholder
- Travel is regional in mostly surrounding states – about 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience and current hands-on experience with programming PLC’s (Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/CompactLogix is preferred, however, other PLC platforms will be considered as well)
- Experience in HMI/SCADA programming (Iconics, Indusoft Web Studio, RSView, WinCC, ProFace)
- Demonstrate a working understanding of design, layout and use of current networks such as DeviceNet, Profibus, and Ethernet/IP
- Experience with on-site startup/commissioning
- Capability to develop and/or follow a project plan knowing the importance of setting and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Material handling carton conveying systems or airport baggage handling is a plus
- Experience in writing descriptions of operations and development of controls based physical layouts is expected
- Willingness to work overtime and to travel is a must - 25% travel is expected
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access
- Desire to work in a very “hands on” environment
- A valid driver’s license without restrictions is required
- Take a leadership role in System Design and Implementation
- Program, debug, test, and document PLC and SCADA Software solutions
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of systems
- Provide project management and technical leadership to assigned projects
- Consistently maintain positive budgets on assigned project functions
- Oversight of contractors assisting in the installation and delivery of systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain new and existing control systems for customers