An Instrumentation and Controls Engineer with a PE license and experience in the water/wastewater industry is needed to help design state-of-the-art facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources.
Why work here:
- Stable and thriving consulting engineering firm for over 40 years!
- Be a part of the I&C team to help design new state-of-the-art facilities!
- Team-based culture!
- Earn stock in this employee-owned company!
- Excellent benefits!
- Low travel, less that 20%!
- Fun company culture that enjoys giving back to the community!
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will:
- Utilize and program PLC control systems, SCADA Systems, and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software to effectively design and implement instrumentation and control systems for water/wastewater projects
- Prepare specifications and drawings, write control system descriptions, perform start up and commissioning activities with minimal input from other personnel
- Understand and implement communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks and wireless radio systems
- Utilize AutoCAD to design/develop Complex Instrument Control Loops, Instrument/Electrical Installation Details, Instrument location Drawings, Motor Control Schematics, Conduit Routing, and Control Panel Design
- Create Instrument material take-offs from drawings
- Consult with client and Project Manager to develop I&C system specifications
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Controls design (PLC cabinets, wiring diagrams, etc.) using AutoCAD
- Writing specifications for controls hardware and instrumentation
- Programming Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens and Motorola PLCs and/or RTUs
- Programming Rockwell, Wonderware, Citect, VTScada, Ignition, iFix and Survalent HMI systems
- Field experience checking out and commissioning controls systems
- Networking experience with VLANs, DMZs, routers and switches
- Telemetry experience with radios and cellular
- Water/Wastewater industry experience
- Project experience, preferably working on projects alone and part of a team
- Self-driven and a quick learner
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen is part of eligibility process