Mineral-based products company with 50 plants in the US needs experienced Controls Engineer to help maintain and develop new controls systems for the company facilities. Wonderware ArchestrA expertise needed.
Why work here?:
- Caters to numerous industries providing for stability and growth!
- Established company in business over 50 years!
- Excellent benefits; health, dental, vision, life, 401k and paid vacation!
- Laptop, phone, company credit card for expenses provided!
- Telecommuting and compressed workweek options!
- 50 plants in the US and CN so plenty of upgrades and new systems to keep you busy!
- Close proximity to Lake Mead and Las Vegas!
- Work with engineers, maintenance, quality and operations to design and implement improvements in controls and equipment.
- Support and lead automation upgrades and implement corporate process control strategies.
- Assist in coordination and oversight, completion, implementation of plant process control network and automation projects.
- Support design, program, specify, purchase and oversee installation of electrical systems several plants
- Programming and documentation PLC's (Allen-Bradley ControlLogix preferred) and I/O.
- Support maintenance and programming of Wonderware Intouch/Archestra, Wonderware Historian, and create documentation, standards, and instructions for Wonderware Software.
Training and Development:
- Develop yourself as a positive student that participates in cross-functional communication between production and engineering teams.
- Drive culture change of the plants from reactive to pro-active in their approach to asset management and reliability.
- Provide feedback to direct managers and supervisors of those managed through projects.
- Knowledge of ControlLogix family of PLC system design and demonstrated capabilities with computers, Allen-Bradley VFD’s, Wonderware systems, process instrumentation, Advanced Process Control software, and Ethernet networks.
- Experience with Allen Bradley, ControlLogix, Archestra, System Platform, Historian, AutoCAD, MS SQL, and other Microsoft Application software.
- Must be able perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Effective oral, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Able to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, standard operating procedures, electrical drawings, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.