Controls Technician needed for a leading company in the Industrial Control Systems field, builds and integrates world-class automation systems leveraging the use of controls systems, robotics, machine vision, and data collection. They solve unique and challenging manufacturing problems for customers in industries including Oil and Gas, Chemical, Food, Automotive, and Consumer Packaged Goods.
Why work here:
- Thriving multiple-office company with a variety of industries served!
- Growing DFW office with room for growth!
- Overtime pay - 1.5x over 40 hours!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits!
- Professional Designations Reimbursement!
- Fitness Subsidy Reimbursement!
- Controls Technicians will implement and maintain control and instrumentation systems including:
- Process Instruments, sensors, and control devices
- PLC hardware and components
- HMI/SCADA systems
- Loop diagrams
- Exercise Project Management skills by assisting with quoting, materials ordering, budgeting and scheduling
- Interface with customers and provide support on any automation projects that fall under specified scope of responsibility
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the instrumentation and controls field
- Experience with implementing PLC/SCADA/HMI based control and monitoring systems
- Knowledge of process instruments, communications networks and protocols, P&ID diagrams and electrical control diagrams
- Proficient with various PLC and SCADA System platforms including; Allen-Bradley, Siemens, GE, Schneider and Wonderware
- Experience with various communications networks via Ethernet, Cable, Fiber, Wireless, Telecom, etc. using common industrial protocols such as DH+, DH485, Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, etc.
- Experience with instrument specifications and calibrations
- Ability to start work early at 7 am during fieldwork
- Work with, coordinate, and manage the electrical and mechanical subcontractors at the job site
- Work with controls engineers to perform I/O checkout and testing
- Configuration of field instrumentation and verification of the control signals
- Installation and troubleshooting of instrumentation, control valves, sensors and control devices
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot loop powered and field powered instrumentation, relays and power supplies
- Ability to work in the industrial environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- A proven self-starter that is motivated by challenges
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel; although this position is focused on local clients and minimal travel is required, should have the ability to travel within US and Canada