Leading Controls System Integrator specializing in Process Automation and Manufacturing Intelligence need to add a Controls Engineer to their team due to growth. Work from Neptune, NJ office or from home in Baltimore, MD.
Why work here?:
- Stable company in business for over 30 years
- Variation of projects in many industries including Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Consumer Products, Water/Wastewater, Power, etc.
- Room for growth
- Company known for creating innovative products as well engineering projects
- 3 weeks PTO per year, Health/Dental Insurance, 401k matching, Bonus plan
- Less than 25% overnight regional travel
Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Exceptional communication skills for interface with customers, vendors and other project team members
- Ability to define, schedule and juggle tasks across multiple projects
- Undergraduate degree in computer, electrical, mechanical, chemical or another relevant engineering discipline.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as Controls/Automation engineer.
- Interface with customers to understand business drivers and define requirements.
- Develop User and Functional Requirements and Detailed Design documents.
- Perform test planning and develop of factory and site test documents meeting GAMP and customer requirements
- PLC programming
- Allen Bradley Logix family of PLCs is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Siemens, GE or other brand PLCs is a plus.
- SCADA design and configuration experience
- Rockwell FactoryTalk ViewSE
- Inductive Automation Ignition
- GE Proficy iFIX or Wonderware InTouch or Archestra are a plus
- Alarm and Historian strategy and configuration (OSI Pi, FT Historian or other)
- Other Design and Programming
- SQL database design and development (MS SQL or Mysql)
- Python and Java programming
- Web portal, dashboard development and reporting
- First-hand experience with startup/commissioning/deployment of systems into production environments is required.
- Experience at a Systems Integrator firm is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Must be willing to travel approximately 25%