Join for a company that stays on the leading edge of trends in control technology and data integration. This systems integrator specializes in water and wastewater controls but also does work in mining, refining, food processing, and industrial applications. They are in need of a Project Manager who can take the lead on their projects.
Why work here?
- small company with a family atmosphere and relaxed, flexible culture
- project work may take you to the beautiful Rocky Mountains and nearby National Parks, where you can ski, fish, hike, you name it at the end of your workday!
- competitive pay, full medical benefits, retirement plan contribution of 5%, paid vacation, etc.
- relocation package also available
- very minimal travel! occasional site visits in the local area; typically just for the day or a meeting.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related area. (In lieu of degree, will consider equivalent combination of work experience, training, and related education)
- PE is desirable, but not required.
- Five plus years of relevant controls engineering experience
- Familiarity with specialty instrumentation associated with water plants
- Experience managing projects from start to start up, including reading, interpreting and implementing electrical controls schematics
- Experience directing all support functions of the project; engineering, field service and support; quote jobs and handle change orders
- Experience maintaining department and individual labor loads to ensure on time deliverables within budgeted hours for projects.
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products
- Create, interpret and implement electrical controls schematics
- Designs and use AutoCAD for drafting electrical control systems
- Estimate electrical instrumentation and control projects
- Manage multiple projects at different stages of development and completion
- PLC programming and HMI software development a plus
- Schedules department and individual labor loads and material procurement
- Works with all staff to ensure compliance with safety and environmental policies
- Ability to travel in the beautiful high country of the Mountain States (Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico) for project start-ups and troubleshooting. Travel is very minimal however! Typically it's just for the day or a meeting.
- Ability to work independently