A manufacturer in Madison is hiring! Work as a member of the manufacturing technology team and support plant operations as well as continuous improvement and capital projects. Through process and technology improvements, you'll help to increase safety and productivity as well as optimize costs of the plant.
Why consider this job?
- no travel
- at a large company with opportunities to advance
- the plant is currently being expanded
- the work is in a growth industry (nutrition/health)
- relocation assistance is available
- competitive pay & benefits package
As the Process Controls Engineer you will...
- Lead and support projects from inception/planning/cost estimating through commissioning and start-up.
- Program and troubleshoot systems with the following technology: Rockwell PLC, Inbatch Software, SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Information System, Historian Software, Wonderware System Platform.
- Provide maintenance, upkeep, and expansion of the systems.
- Serve as the plant's point person for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) software.
- Participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) program and contribute to development of a program in Madison which includes participation in PHAs (Process Hazard Analysis) and Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science, must be ABET accredited
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Allen-Bradley PLC programming experience
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) - TRAKSYS experience is a plus!
- Wonderware experience is a plus
- Experience with Automated Data Management Systems or Process Mapping is a plus
- Process Safety Management knowledge and/or experience
- Project organizational skills are required. Proven ability to work within a multi-plant, cross-functional organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment with differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Strong verbal, written, analytical skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management