An OEM in the St. Louis area is looking to hire!
- Employee-owned (ESOP)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous retirement plan
- Educational opportunities, including tuition reimbursement
- Growth opportunities - this department is expanding and growing!
- Paid-time off
The Controls Engineer will create a systems architectural concept then design and deploy that content with PLC’s, SCADA software, and database design as required. The Controls Engineer will travel domestically and internationally ranging from 20-30% per year.
Controls Engineer Duties:
- Create, modify, debug PLC software, and understand the various communication networks used.
- Write query’s to retrieve data from databases.
- Create, modify, and debug HMI/SCADA software.
- Create, modify, and debug Data Management Software
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for industrial uses, including motors and conveyance systems; directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operation conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations, utilizing computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Participate in team project meetings, track project schedules, project budgets, responsibilities of work, total team change updates, and coordinate with contractors.
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in the results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Serve as the primary systems resource for the start-up of the assignment.
- Collaborate with the estimation department to create and execute project estimations.
- Work with project management to create manning schedules for assignments.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
- Serve as the primary electrical resource for the installation of the assignment.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required.
- Certifications in networking and database management preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Electrical Engineering or a related field is required.
- 5 to 7 years of SCADA programming experience is required.
- 5 to 7 years of PLC programming experience is required (Rockwell and/or Siemens).
- Ignition software experience is preferred.
- Experience with web based programming languages is preferred.
- Process knowledge of P&ID’s is strongly preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with company's core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
- Ability to work in an office and uncontrolled environment. Exposure to harsh conditions are possible for a short period time - such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures.
- Ability to travel 20-30% to job sites both in U.S. and internationally.