If you enjoy using your technical expertise to solve problems for customers and would like to provide pre-sales support for one of the largest automation products distributors in Minnesota please apply below. Our client was named one of the top 150 workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune. With several offices across Minnesota and Wisconsin they have grown to 350 employees.
Summary of role:
The Mechatronics Application Engineer is integral in achieving their purpose to create an exceptional customer experience by providing expertise that will aid in delivering Motion/Mechatronic solutions to customers. On a day-to-day basis you will work closely with Account Managers, Sales Engineers, and Automation team members to provide high-level Pre-Sales support to customers.
People love the culture of the company which is laid back and fun. The company has company-wide gatherings such as outdoor lunches, the facility in Cottage Grove includes a large patio with grills, fitness room including showers, excellent training room and is a large facility with a lot of natural light coming in to all of the common and shared spaces. In addition to all of this they have great benefits!
- Provide Pre-Sales Support in Motion/Mechatronics Solution Development
- Provide accurate Motion Sizing (servo, gearbox, actuator sizing and selection)
- Provide assistance with Robotic system presales evaluations, BOM creation and simulations
- Conduct Vision & Barcode lab evaluations for customers
- Provide support with proposal development
- Provide support with Bill of Material development
- Provide support with interpretation of Product Specifications
- Act as an internal resource for Inside sales (Part Number configuration questions etc.)
- Participate in automation commercial events (seminars, webinars, training, etc.)
- Provide customer presales application assistance via telephone, email, or in-person in alignment with our Automation business plan
- Maintain technical expertise by participating in continual learning and industry specific technical training
- Maintain and Develop a high-level understanding of Motion & Mechatronics products (servos, linear motion, robotics, pneumatics and vision)
- Collaborate in creation of tools and resources for configuring and selecting products
- Assist Product Pricing team with pricing file processing
- Creating assemblies using SOLIDWORKS
- Pneumatics bill of material creation and generating work orders
You will be successful in this role if you possess the following:
- 2-year technical degree or 4-year degree in related field of study or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience or exposure in a sales support role
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley processes and products strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Travel may be required about 20% for training services, meetings and support of customers needs.