We are a growing, high-tech automated equipment and robotics manufacturer with a collaborative team company culture. We are looking for a talented mechanical engineer with leadership, 3D modeling software, robotics and automated systems experience. Our employees are impressed with the talented team and high-tech equipment we develop, and our customers say our service is second to none.
Reasons to work for this company:
Reasons to relocate to Greensboro:
- Lead a team
- Design, and develop high-tech automated, robotic systems
- Considerable growth over the years
- Joining a collaborative team of talented technical professionals
- Generous benefits package including 401K, Employee stock ownership, medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Greensboro is beautiful and large enough to get anything you need, but small enough to feel like you are part of a community.
- Living in Greensboro you will have the opportunity to visit the mountains and the beach all in one weekend.
- Schools are ranked high
- You will experience all four seasons as a part of Greensboro climate, however winter is very mild.
- The city has over 90 miles of hiking, walking and biking trails
- Easy to drive to all the major cities in North Carolina
You will be responsible for providing input to the direction and operation of the mechanical design department providing quality leadership, integrating individual member strengths and capabilities to effectively meet multiple project demands and requirements.
You will perform best in this role if you possess the following:
- Establishes short and long-range goals and drives superior performance for the department in alignment with business objectives.
- Assigns work and monitors workloads for mechanical engineers to ensure compliance with project schedules.
- Makes timely departmental staffing recommendations in line with work load and charged hour percentage to minimize overhead expenses from uncharged hours.
- Recruits and retains talented staff members and sources contingent workforce as needed.
- Work effectively with sales resources in pursuing opportunities for new sales.
- Reviews cost estimates/proposals for mechanical project integration work. Assesses potential design risks with proposed concepts.
- Ensure that the final outputs of designs are functional, cost effective, and meet customer requirements. Provides timely technical direction and intervention as required.
- Institutes and monitors sound mechanical design processes, tools and standards.
- Oversees the professional development and coaching of department engineers, designers and technicians.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to ensure customer expectations and the company’s competitive position are enhanced.
- Develops, proposes and implements continuous improvement projects and deploys technology to generate competitive advantages.
- Work closely with the management team providing support to the overall company and other departments.
- Maintains the morale of the department through proper support and effective communication.
- Leads by example with personal behaviors.
- BS degree in Engineering
- 12+ years of experience with automation, solid modeling design, project development, and risk management skills.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- 3D modeling and automation systems design experience
- Experience with material selection, fabrication and machining processes used for making components.
- Ability to perform tolerance and finite element analysis on components and assemblies.