Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff with a national systems integration firm. With several offices across the United States our client encourages independent thought and innovative ideas, as well as personal and professional growth. Each office is part of the corporation as whole, however acts independently as well, bringing forth their own ideas and talents. For over thirty five years our client has designed and implemented engineering solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government sectors. People love working here!
Reasons to work for this company:
- Live in warm, sunny Florida, drive to the gulf and the Atlantic ocean in the same day!
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control
panel design, PLC programming, instrumentation, check out support and start-up assistance.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD software.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as food and beverage, entertainment theme park and others.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- BSEE or BS in Engineering is preferred.
- An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years of experience in the below areas is preferred:
- An in-depth understanding of control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications, safety systems, safety sensors
- Experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC and/or SCADA is desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.