Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff. This Control Systems Integration firm has over 20 offices throughout the U.S. This position is based in their Portland, OR office. You will be encouraged to think independently and to provide innovative ideas, and have the opportunity for personal and professional growth. For over thirty five years the team of engineers and staff have designed and implemented engineering solutions for new and long-term customers. People love working for this company!
Reasons to work for this company:
This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control panel design, I&C P&ID design, PLC/HMI programming, instrumentation, check out support and start-up assistance.
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet facilities and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug of integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as semiconductor, pulp and paper, food and beverage, etc.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- Education - BSEE or BS in Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 3+ years experience in control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications (i.e. Cimplicity, iFix, RSView, Wonderware, Iconics, etc.)
- Experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC programming (i.e. Allen- Bradley, GE, Modicon, Siemens) and/or SCADA required. Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.