Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff in a company with 30 offices throughout the U.S. Our client encourages independent thought and innovative ideas, as well as personal and professional growth. Each office is part of the corporation as whole, however acts independently as well, bringing forth their own ideas and talents. For over 35 years our client has designed and implemented engineering solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government sectors. Personal and professional satisfaction is evident with a turnover rate below the industry average.
Reasons to work for this company:
The Electrical CAD Designer / Revit Technician is a core employee with an advanced competence in AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D & Revit with respect to the Electrical & Architectural Design setting with the responsibility for the overall drafting process for specific Industrial and Architectural project based work.
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
You will assist the CAD Lead in producing CAD deliverables along with being responsible for generally all Revit design project requirements and the training of others in Revit.
- Work with the Lead Modeler in developing Revit Families either for the revised standards or for a specific project needs.
- Will need to efficiently model and document the project.
- Perform layout and input of marked-up drawings into Revit in accordance with company standards.
- Lead modeling efforts on projects working with support modelers to complete deliverables.
- Electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model. Input of marked-up drawings into Revit.
- Create coordinated 3D/BIM models specifically regarding the electrical installation
- Create electrical drawings in 2D for construction within Revit on a variety of projects
- Create and own the electrical layouts for projects in 3D
- Model complete electrical distribution, power, lighting, branch and low voltage systems to the required level of detail that meets project requirements in the project BIM execution plan
- Utilize Navisworks for BIM and model coordination
- Support Engineering staff in the design and documentation of Electrical construction documents and deliverables to end clients.
- Associate's degree preferred in Computerized Drafting field.
- 10 years of total experience with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards.
- Thorough understanding of AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D & Revit usage, training, procedure development, deployment and support
- Experienced in leading others in CAD / Revit usage and best practices
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience