Join a company that ranks in the 90th percentile in the country for pay and benefits. They are looking to hire a Controls Engineer for their instrumentation and control systems integration projects. Gain experience working in a variety of industrial environments including packaging, distribution, chemical and more.
- career growth opportunities
- company car, gas card, and I-PASS
- multiple training & professional development opportunities
- strong safety culture
- company hosted charitable and social activities (holiday party, BBQs, etc.)
- competitive compensation, performance based bonus eligibility, health benefits, vacation time, 401(k) plan with company match up to 4%, tuition reimbursement, referral bonuses... the list goes on!
As a Controls Engineer, your focus will be the conceptualizing, designing, programming and troubleshooting of various industrial equipment. These responsibilities include determining automation controls hardware and software requirements, field device selection, maintenance and equipment installation, and troubleshooting.
- AS/BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with demonstrated experience in industry preferred
- At least 5 years of PLC programming required (full lifecycle programming of PLCs, including the development of relay/ladder logic)
- Ability to read, program and troubleshoot PLC ladder logic or other PLC based machine codes to resolve complex problems and/or optimize machine performance
- Specific PLC I/O addressing assignments, (Example: Allen Bradley SLC5/500, ControlLogix 5000, Siemens (TI), Modicon, Square D)
- Identify and diagnose problems with little information remotely and on location to resolving mechanical/software issues, operating system bugs and reinstalling software or hardware
- Lead and assist in system troubleshooting and repairs. Determine root cause of electrical failures and implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Provide on-site and remote support for installed systems requiring technical service assistance, including support on legacy systems
- Capable of ladder edits, transfers and installation of updated software using remote access tools
- Ability to integrate and/or modify controls to existing processes
- Setup and configuration of HMI stations (Example: Wonderware, FactoryTalk View or Maple Systems)
- Configure AC Drives
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of specifications
- Provide senior lead or review for new equipment implementation, control system installations and modifications
- Robotic programming and/or motion/servo experience
- Experience with controls integrating electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to travel 25%