Join a growing division of an international company with over 5200 employees in 30 countries. In fact this position is open due to growth!
The company is a global one but has a Midwestern feel with Midwest family values. They are currently renovating their main offices and creating a more open office environment with both standing and sitting desks. This company has low turnover. Other perks include being eligible for benefits from day one, 401K with matching, and relocation assistance.
Located southwest of Kansas City, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the relaxing countryside along the Marais Des Cygnes river with the option to travel into the city for baseball, football, NASCAR, and performing arts. Low cost of living area too! Or, if you prefer to live in or near the city, you can zip down I-35 for your commute.
Systems Development Engineer Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the design, development, and project delivery of systems design for the powertrain of the company's Terminal Tractors product line. Terminal tractors are also referred to as spotter trucks or yard trucks and are small semi-trucks that you may find at warehouse and distribution operations, shipping ports, rail terminals, etc. Your focus will involve powertrain, engines, cooling systems, and related components.
- Deliver engineering projects.
- Develop and carry out engineering procedures and techniques to achieve quality and productivity goals.
- Conduct engineering analysis using scientific principles to produce and interpret blueprints, drawings, and technical specifications.
- Work with and support the design and production team to ensure activities are aligned with, and achieve, delivery targets.
- Understand the quality requirements for projects, identify any risks, and implement processes to achieve set objectives. Ensure that the quality of the deliverables aligns with the organization’s quality standards as well as regulatory quality requirements.
- Provide coaching and training within your own areas of responsibility.
- Solve daily operational engineering issues, your job is focused on basic engineering.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; such as product experience in electrical/electronic controls/mechatronic or powertrain systems, or an equivalent Internship or co-op experience in a similar environment.
- Strong aptitude toward controls and mechatronic design
- Solid understanding of assembly processes and good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong skills in electronic computer-aided design (ECAD) and good skills in 3D mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD); CATIA V5 experience is preferred
- Good knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems related to mobile equipment (ie: trucks, tractors, AGVs, agricultural equipment, bulldozers, mining equipment, construction equipment etc.)
- Good understanding of linear controls (classical and state-space) theory
- The ideal person will also...
- have excellent organizational skills
- be able to present and provide explanations to internal stakeholders
- be a problem solver
- be able to collaborate in a cross-cultural, global working environment
- be fluent in English both speaking and writing
- be detail-oriented and hardworking
- be self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision, with with management guidance.