A food manufacturing company is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor for their facility near Schenectady, NY. Lead the warehouse receiving operations at their manufacturing facility by supervising, assigning, reviewing, and participating in the maintenance of plant equipment and machinery.
Why work here? Well, you will...
- Be part of a company that has a clearly stated and inspiring purpose; their mission is to make food that tastes great and is as close to homemade as possible. They use non-GMO verified, natural, or organic ingredients in almost all of their products.
- Work on cutting edge product innovations
- Receive competitive pay and benefits package (including: dental, health & vision coverage, 401K w/ max 4% match, and more)
- Enjoy an on-site cafeteria and fitness center (with a group classes, locker rooms, and showers!)
- Be 30 minutes’ northwest of Albany, NY (the state capital) and 40 minutes southwest of Saratoga Springs. Near major cultural events, outside recreation and places to have fun throughout the year. Go see the ballet, listen to great bands at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC), boat on beautiful Lake George, hike the famous trails of the Adirondacks, or ski at Lake Placid. There is plenty to keep you and/or your family busy. And, if you want the occasional big city attraction, it is a short drive to Boston, Montreal, and New York City.
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervise a group of approximately 20 Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance personnel
- Planning, prioritizing, assigning, supervising, and reviewing the work of unionized mechanical and electrical employees responsible for maintenance of the production and facility equipment including repair and installation of all electronic, electric, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- Establishing schedules and methods for providing maintenance and repair services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs with appropriate management staff; allocating resources accordingly.
- Participating in the development of policies and procedures; monitoring work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Recommending and assisting in the implementation of goals and objectives; implementing approved policies and procedures.
- Training maintenance personnel in all safety equipment and procedures especially
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out and confined space entry.
- Participating in the selection of plant maintenance staff; providing or coordinating staff training; working with employees to correct deficiencies; implementing discipline procedures.
- Participating in the preparation and administration of the plant maintenance program budget; submitting budget recommendations; monitoring expenditures.
- Preparing analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities.
- Attending and participating in professional group meetings; staying abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of plant / facility equipment maintenance.
- Ability to work any assigned shift including weekend coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical technology field with 3+ year’s supervisory experience in manufacturing with increased responsibility for maintenance operations/maintenance planning OR
- Associates degree in electrical technology field with 5+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing with increased responsibility for maintenance operations/maintenance planning OR
- 10+ years supervisory experience with a background in electrical technology supporting a manufacturing environment with increased responsibility
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance methodologies, reliability centered maintenance analysis, and total productive maintenance.
- Completion of a formal 5 year maintenance apprenticeship program highly desirable.
- You might also have these skills…
- Technical: Ability to work within highly complex and dynamic manufacturing environment. Conceptual and practical experience with Lean principles. Experience and/or exposure to CMMS Systems (Maximo/MP2/Tabware/ITMS)
- Leadership: Track record of inspiring and developing others. Ability to embrace and execute change
- Problem Solver: Ability to think outside the box, find constructive solutions, act independently
- Team player: Respects solutions that are efficiently and effectively found through collaboration and cooperation