An automation and control service company in Midland, TX, is hiring! In their efforts to expand in the fast-paced, growing oil & gas market in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeast New Mexico, this systems integrator is looking to add multiple Automation Technicians to their team. They are looking for candidates who want to grow and advance with their business!
As a technician you will be involved in installations, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming. The types of projects you will work on would include well-pad installations, compressor stations, salt-water disposals (SWD's), and plants.
So what's in it for you? Well, this company...
- is a safety-conscious, ethical, customer-focused organization; it's an employer you can be proud to work for!
- is rapidly growing with endless potential for career growth
- provides challenging and meaningful work in an environment where you will continuously learn
- provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal career development plans
- offers competitive compensation based upon experience level and capabilities and a benefit package including health insurance, 401K matching plan, life insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- requires only a little overnight travel
- A 2 year Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation, or Process Controls is preferred.
- At least 3 years' experience as an automation, instrumentation, or process controls technician or field engineer is required.
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as being able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Experience with the following is a big plus but is not required: ABB Total Flow, pressure devices (such as Rosemount, Vega, etc), and Beijer and Maple Systems
The ideal individual for this Automation Technician role would have experience in the following:
- Installation, inspection, calibration, maintenance and commissioning of Instrumentation and Automation Systems used in the Oil and Gas Industries (Upstream and Mid-Stream).
- Knowledge of RTU's, EFM's, VFD's (ROC 107, 800, ABB TotalFlow)
- PLC Programming (Idec, ScadaPack, Allen Bradley)
- HMI Development and Programming (Beijer, Red Lion, IDEC, Maple Systems & Panel Views)
- Communication protocols & radio communications (Freewave, Xetawave, MDS)
- Knowledge of SCADA and SCADA Communications
- Knowledge of Modbus communication protocols and addressing.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation (transmitters, AC Variable Frequency Drives, Operator Interface, downhole pumps, LACT units, and Motor Controls., Coriolis Meters, Turbine Meters and etc.)
- Knowledge of liquid pumping units and pump jack on off controls