A systems integrator that serves the Mid-Atlantic area is hiring due to growth!
Why work for this company?
- Travel is low - 99% of the time you will be home in your own bed at night!
- Work variety - projects may involve systems in discrete manufacturing environments, process industries, and embedded work at plants. When assigning projects, the management tries to take into account the type of work you are interested in doing.
- Growth opportunities - although they are expanding, this company is still small enough that your voice will be heard. You can make a difference in the decisions that are made and that really matter.
- Good culture - flexible and family-oriented.
- Fair compensation, profit-based bonus, and benefits including: 401k, health insurance plans including dental and vision, life and disability insurance.
Senior Controls Engineer Summary:
In this role you will work individually and with team members to troubleshoot, install, improve, and assist in designing control systems for manufacturing equipment in a variety of industrial environments. You will often be expected to lead and mentor engineers and technicians on project work.
Senior Controls Engineer Requirements:
Additional abilities that would be useful but are not required:
- At least 7 years' experience in controls engineering
- Project management experience in systems using one or more of the major brands of PLC and HMI (Rockwell Allen Bradley required; Siemens and GE Fanuc, a plus). Ladder logic programming experience is required.
- Development experience using industrial communications networks (EthernetIP required; ControlNet, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, and Modbus also helpful).
- Experience with VFDs and servo drive systems (Rockwell Kinetix, preferred)
- Able to design and conduct diagnostics to evaluate electrical systems and applications.
- Experience designing and installing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes. Design industrial electrical schematics for control systems.
- Able to integrate OEM equipment.
- Controls experience in multiple PLC and HMIs brands and in additional industrial networks.
- Knowledge of other PLC programming languages.
- Ability to perform instrument calibrations.
- Ability to implement DCS systems.
- Project management experience.
- Database experience.
- Web development experience.
- Higher level programming languages.