A systems integrator that serves the Mid-Atlantic area is hiring due to growth!
Why work for this company?
- Travel is low - 99% of the time you will be home in your own bed at night!
- Work variety - projects may involve systems in discrete manufacturing environments, process industries, and embedded work at plants. When assigning projects, the management tries to take into account the type of work you are interested in doing.
- Growth opportunities - although they are expanding, this company is still small enough that your voice will be heard. You can make a difference in the decisions that are made and that really matter.
- Good culture - flexible and family-oriented.
- Fair compensation, profit-based bonus, and benefits including: 401k, health insurance plans including dental and vision, life and disability insurance.
Controls Engineer Summary:
In this role you will work individually and with team members to troubleshoot, install, improve, and assist in designing control systems for manufacturing equipment in industrial environments.
Controls Engineer Requirements:
Additional abilities that would be useful but are not required:
- At least 5 years' experience in controls engineering
- Development experience in one or more of the major brands of PLC and HMI (Rockwell Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE Fanuc preferred). Ladder logic programming experience is required.
- Knowledge of industrial communications networks such as EthernetIP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, and Modbus.
- Experience with implementing VFDs.
- Able to design and conduct diagnostics to evaluate electrical systems and applications.
- Experience designing and installing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes. Design industrial electrical schematics for control systems.
- Able to integrate OEM equipment.
- Controls experience in multiple PLC and HMIs brands and in additional industrial networks. Knowledge of other PLC programming languages.
- Knowledge of how to apply servo drive systems.
- Can perform instrument calibrations per standards and per customer requirements and requests.
- Able to implement DCS systems.
- Project management experience.
- Database experience.
- Web development experience.
- Higher level programming languages.